You supply the content for the web site and we will
develop, host and maintain it for your organisation
- completely free of charge
Web sites from wherever the English language is spoken
About our service
We develop web sites from the text and photos provided by charities and voluntary
Click here to see various web sites that we have developed.
Our service provides established charities and voluntary organisations with a web sites for them to publicise their charitable works to beneficiaries, supporters and sponsors. By "charitable works" we mean works that provide a practical and tangible benefit to the public and which is not for profit. We do not allow political propaganda or religious preaching on our web sites.
The service is for charities and voluntary organisations that do not already have a web
Web site content
We need for your organisation's web site:-
Your organisation's web site may contain a simple online form, links to other web sites, e-mail addresses and services such as Online credit card donations at Ammado, betterplace.org, Charity Choice (free to UK registered charities), Global Giving, and Paypal (available in many countries).
- when, where and why the organisation was started
- the organisation's current tangible and realisable objectives
- a list of the organisation's officials and qualified staff with their full names and job titles, and also the number of unpaid volunteer helpers
- a description of the current activities of the organisation, and the beneficiaries of the services that it provides
- good quality full size original digital images (jpg) not scanned images that illustrate your activities. You can also set up your own photo album at Flickr (Yahoo) and we will include a link to it on your organisation's web site
- If your organisation is seeking donations, sponsorships or volunteers from abroad then we require a clear and readable electronic copy of the organisation's official Certificate of Registration (as a charity, or equivalent) issued by the relevant Government Ministry, or for UK charities the organisation's UK Charity Commission registration number
- Optionally you can provide information about donating, volunteering, news, events, links etc.
Please send text in Microsoft Word or plain text format with photos incorporated within the text or as separate .jpg attachments.
Single web page
Alternatively if your organisation's needs are more modest and donations are not requested then we can provide just a single web page for your organisation.
Web site address
Your organisation's web site will have an address of the form "www.freetocharities.org.uk/code", where the code is usually the initials of your organisation, and is allocated by us. However you can purchase your own domain name from any domain name reseller to forward to :-
Updating your organisation's web site
With time the information content of your organisation's web site may become out of date. You may request specific changes to parts of the existing web pages - give the title of the web page and exactly where the insertions or deletions are needed. You may also request additional pages which harmonise with the existing pages. You may not request the replacement of entire pages as a way of changing parts of the information content or layout.
Web site visitors
There are about 250 million web sites in the world, so your organisation's web site will not be noticed unless you publicise it. We recommend that you do the following :-
Organisations creatively spending time and effort to publicise their web site will have many visitors each month. Web sites without visitors are assumed to be abandoned and in due course will be deleted. The number of visitors is shown at the bottom of the home page and this should be checked each month to see how effective your publicity is.
- include your organisation's web site's address on your letter headings, notices, advertisements, at the bottom
of all of your e-mails.
- notify your users, members, volunteers and sponsors of your organisation's web site. Keep it up to date, and use it to communicate with perhaps a newsletters and an event list.
- request sympathetic organisations to include a link to your organisation's web site in their web site. You can search google for "www.freetocharities.org.uk" to see various organisations that already publicise web sites that we have developed.
If your organisation would like to use our service and is willing to actively publicise their web site, then please complete the application form and click the send button.